Essential Attributes Required:
- Minimum 3 years relevant payroll experience
- CIPP accreditation or qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Good office keyboard skills essential with a high level of Microsoft office 365 knowledge
- Excellent telephone manner and personality essential to communicate daily with clients and our agency staff
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, punctual and self-motivated
- Excellent customer service skills required and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Lead, help and develop a growing team whilst also improving payroll knowledge
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team and help improve processes
- Hold a full and clean driving license
Must also be:
- Very methodical
- Calm and speak clear with effective communication
The role will include:
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll, including RTI submissions to HMRC through our bespoke payroll system (full training given on payroll system)
- Using spreadsheets and formulae to collate weekly payroll information and import into our payroll system.
- Processing SMP, SSP, pension and other deductions
- Calculate and process CIS deductions
- Setting up starters and leavers and process necessary returns (P46/P45)
- Process year-end returns (P60)
- Liaise with clients, workers and HMRC to resolve all payroll queries
- Ensuring compliance with our auto-enrolment duties with Smart pensions
- Report and work directly with our directors
- Assisting the team in contacting new employees daily to get them registered and set up on the system.
- Discussing payroll models with the employees to ascertain the most appropriate option.
A note from the directors:
“We are excited by the opportunity to be recruiting a high calibre Senior Payroll manager to join our busy and growing team based in Newport, South Wales. The successful candidate will be joining a company incorporated in 2014 servicing a wide-variety of recruitment agency clients in all aspects of payroll delivery – the varied role will ensure every day is different!”
The relationship we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both ours and your success.
We will be offering training and development opportunities to all employees. In nurturing talent this will help our business to grow and bring out the best in people.
The opportunity for you:
- Competitive Salary £28,000 + (depending on experience)
- Auto enrolment Pension
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Receive free Exact Rewards
- Employee, payroll development training programme
- Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm. Half an hour unpaid lunch. (40 hours)
- Overtime working may be required during Monday-Friday generally in an evening to accommodate payroll deadlines
- You will be office based at our Newport Office.
Applications by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org